Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Journal Entry #1


    The needs and expectations for a college level writing class are required to meet the criteria of the schools writings program, the professor, and the stakeholders of the school. By stakeholders I mean the Administrators, staff, public servants, grant funders; any one who affects or can be affected by the universities actions.
     In a college level writing class the professor will usually post the expectations in the syllabus, these expectations are what our audience expects out of our work. These expectations can range from making sure the writing is clear and informative, to having an interesting point of view and thinking outside the box. Our responsibility as students is tp meet the criteria of a good writing assignment as stated in the guidelines.
    My approach for ensuring that my writing assignments meet up to my audiences expectations is simple. I read over the criteria of an "A" assignment and while I'm writing I make sure not to miss any of the requirements. It is natural to miss a few in the process. however the key to meeting the stakeholders expectations is to go back and add or edit in the points that were missed. This will ensure a top grade on the assignments and of course, a happy audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment