Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reflection #1

How is creating the 60 second podcast like creating open form prose?

Open form prose just so happens to be my favorite style of writing. In it I have the power to make a piece as creative and open as I wish. I have the freedom to make the words of a paper come alive with personality and express myself through conversational dialogue or a literacy narration. This style of writing puts no limitations on how i can express my point of view and allows me to make each topic my own. After listening to the podcast' in class i noticed a trend within my class mates work; every single podcast was one of a kind. We all had the same assignment: To talk about an experience we have had with reading or writing in our life. However, every single person had a unique take on the assignment, weather they spoke about getting over a language barrier or their favorite teacher or book - every podcast was special to the person and was a direct correlation of their personality. Both open form prose writing and creating a podcast are the same in this way - They both give me the FREEDOM of personal expression. It is my own voice, I can make my words reflect my emotions - pace them fast or slow,  friendly or off-putting etc. Neither piece has to be grammatically correct to maintain the authors ethos either, on the contrary, it works in making the author more relatable to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment