Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Using pictures in an Informative Essay

Using pictures in an informative essay can be used to help the audience understand the information that is being given. Informative essays can easily be turned into something long, boring and drawn out - pictures help to spice things up a little bit. Also they help the person visualize what is being written about. For example, the topic that I have chosen for my informative essay is about the misuse of adderall by college students. Being a college student myself I have had an inside look on the misuse of this drug among my peers however my audience might need some help visualizing the issue if they have not witnessed this abuse themselves. To give my audience an idea of the severity of the issue i compiled a series of photos that tell the story of a student feeling overwhelmed while studying, then learning about prescription drugs, then buying adderall, them taking it and the final pictures are of the student graduating and one last picture noting that the student couldn't of done it without adderall. These pictures are the perfect thing to illustrate the abuse of this drug among college students and the severity of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment